Sunday, August 17, 2008

Fantastic Splashes




Fantastic Splashes
Atlantis Paradise Island in Nassau, Bahamas, isn’t a bargain destination — but it’s a treat for any aqua-addict who can reach its shores. The water park, named “Aquaventure,” offers visitors high–tech water entertainment, including numerous high-concept slides, rapids, a mile-long river ride and special effects. Thanks to people-moving innovations like water escalators, conveyors, water surges and “master blaster” technology, guests never have to leave the water. Shown is the six-story Mayan temple that houses five different slides, the most daring of which is “Leap of Faith,” a 60-foot near-vertical descent through a clear acrylic tunnel embedded within a shark lagoon.


I Saw that picture at Msn.com and I thought HOW AWESOME!! haha.. I dont know if I would have the guts to actually do it.. but it is just fun to look at :)
Would you Do it?? OR would you chicken out? I'd Chicken out.. Unless someone pushed me down.. haha.

2 comments:

Ellen Irion said...

I'd do it. And then after it was SOO much fun I'd be the one to push you down. Then I'd go again

Lindsay said...

...not going to lie right now... I'VE DONE IT! haha i've totally been there! last summer in fact.(if you need proof I could find a picture somewhere) :) And yes! I DID do it! over and over again! The wedgie isn't as bad as I had imagined on the real fast one with no tube, just body- however you are going so fast and water is splashing everywhere that you can't see the sharks around you. SO fun! BUT on the slide with a tube you basically stop in the shark area and float in your safe little tube. It's a blast!